Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

[Review] Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm - Cherry

Lately my lips gets very dry so I barely can't wear any lipstick. Even though I'm not very like lipstick, but still, my face will look like a mess without lipstick!!

So my journey for looking a moisturizing lipstick that can make my lips moist is begin! :D

I read many review in internet, but something change my mind. There's many review about Nivea Lip Balm. They says Nivea Lip Balm has a tint!!
So I think rather than looking a lipstick that moisturize my lips, why I'm not replace it with a lip balm instead? I didn't like lipstick either. I only need a little bit color in my lips so my face won't look pale. And a lip balm with a tint? Of course I'll choose that!!

Nivea Lip Balm has a lot of color, but what caught my attention is Fruity Shine Pomegranate, Fruity Shine Cherry and Fruity Shine Strawberry.
Actually, I'm most interested with the Fruity Shine Pomegranate but I couldn't find it. There's only the Cherry and Strawberry. So after a loongg meditation (LOL) I decided to buy the Cherry one..

Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm - Cherry
Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm - Cherry



Without Flash

With Flash
And this is when I wear it....

My Bare Lips

After Using it - Without Flash

After Using it - With Flash

My Look
The color is surprisingly fabulous!! Red but not very bright. It's very soft and I LOVE IT!!
First time I wear it, I'm in love with the scent. The Cherry scent is sweet. The lip balm is very moisturizing my lips. My lips feels moist but not heavy. I ever tried Nivea Lip Balm before, the Essential Care. It's indeed moisturize my lips, but it's feel so heavy. My lips feels very thick when I wear it. I don't like it if my lips feels heavy. That's why I only wear it when my lips feels very dry.

Nivea Lip Balm - Essential Care

Back to the Cherry. I slightly feel a mint from this lip balm. Which is a plus.
About the color, I think It has a very similar color with a Maybelline Watershine Pure - Brandy Rum. But the Nivea lip balm has a more color than Maybelline.

Me Using Maybelline Watershine Pure - Brandy Rum

Me Using Maybelline Watershine Pure - Brandy Rum


My Opinion?
It has more tint than a lipstick and definitely more moisturizing my lips than a lipstick because it has a rich almond oil, jojoba oil and shea butter!! I think I'll replace my lipstick with this lip balm for daily use. The tint is not very bright, it's very natural. And it has SPF 10 that protect my lips from UVA and UVB rays!!

(+)
~ Has a nice tint
~ Has rich almond oil, jojoba oil and shea butter that moisturizing and makes your lips healthy and soft
~  Has a nice fruity scent
~ Has a glossy but not much, just in proper amount
~ Feels very light in my lips
~ The staying power is good. It stays for about 3-4 hours(without eat and drink)
~ Has SPF 10

(-)
~ The  moisturizing feeling is not lasting for a long time, it'll fade after 2 hours, but the tint is not gone :D
~ The packaging is too big

Repurchase? Yes!! But I still curious about the Pomegranate, so I think next time I'll buy the Pomegranate. But of course I'll do that if I can find the Pomegranate, if not, I'll buy this again or maybe try the Strawberry :D



4 comments:

  1. nice color, very natural n fresh
    I guess I'll put on my next shopping list ho ho (always want to try) :)
    U got a nice review there, thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wuaaa, bener" bikin mupeeengg.. Sama nih aku juga ga cocok pake lipstik tapi pucet kalo gapakeee.. kayanya ini cocok nihh.. hihii..


    makeuprelated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...